Sunday, April 14, 2013

On Saturday, I made my way through a horrendous traffic jam in the middle of Houston to attend MagCon 5, an event organized by David Donohoo to benefit his school district's "at-risk student" program. Which is an awesome cause.

I really should have done some publicity-gathering for the con ahead of time, but I ended up so busy with Razor Coast and other projects that talking up MagCon never quite hit the top of the agenda.

I had an EXCELLENT time; there were only 4 players in my game (normally 12-14), which changes the pace considerably. I don't mean to suggest that the con was hurting for players; there were tables and tables of wargames, boardgames, and other RPG's. The turnout was much smaller than North Texas, but much larger than I would have expected. I recommend this convention.

By the way, it was a TPK. The only survivor was the hired halfling torchbearer, Sam, the only person who knows where to find the suspended-in-time remains of his erstwhile employers.

5 comments:

  1. As one of the 'erstwhile employers' whose remains are held in stasis somewhere within Matt's amazingly excellent dungeon, I'd just like to say to any future gamers at later conventions: "Help!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try and rescue them at NTRPGCon. Surely, they have kin or friends that have gotten in touch with Sam and recovered a map of their whereabouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as Rennon wakes up, he's running out of there (avoiding all traps, etc. along the way!)

    I can save him for another upcoming campaign :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt, can you have a skeletal halfling throw darts at people from the shadows when they enter that room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The desire to throw darts into melee combat is stronger than the veil of death .....

    And a ghostly voice says, "You'll be fiiiiine..."

    ReplyDelete