Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tomorrow I'm Going To Embarrass Myself

Assuming I can dig it out, tomorrow I shall post scans of at least one level of my majestic megadungeon "Goblinear Crag" ... written when I was 11.

It sucks.

And it was also just about the most fun I've ever had in my whole life.

Which tells you, really, that for all the thinking you can do about tactics and backstory and other features of a dungeon, it really all comes down to whether you come into the game ready to have a blast.

It would be nice, when I get those scans up, to link to other people who have posted their "when I was a kid" dungeon plans. If you have done this, or know of any links with scans of people's "old dungeons," please comment so I can link up!

Matt

6 comments:

  1. Here's one from when I was 11! It's more like a dungeon dream house...

    Bobby's Dungeon

    It includes rooms for my comic collection, my pet dragon, and a Carl's Jr. (with a huge bathroom, appropriately enough).

    I recently found a book of homebrewed spells from when I was 8 or 9. I need to scan it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish a complete dungeon of mine had survived from those days. Alas, much was lost in the "too cool for gaming" phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have been around 15 or 16 when I did these (and we never played in them): http://www.flickr.com/photos/kensanata/sets/72157626328978206/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny - this is on my list of things to blog about. I have one that my group put together back around 1984 or so. Looks like you're going to beat me to the punch because I'm still battling the Martian Death Flu but I'll definitely post it later and link back to you. Looking forward to reading your post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was also a comment here from Kent, which I marked as spam. Life's too short to put up with trolls.

    ReplyDelete