Thursday, March 24, 2011

Announcing S&W Creative Guild



The Swords & Wizardry Creative Guild is a resource organization for publishers, for bloggers, and for Referees who want to run convention or demo games for Swords & Wizardry and/or Original D&D. At first, the main benefit to joining will be a periodic e-zine with information about conventions, calls for playtesters from the various Swords & Wizardry publishers, and other resources for the production/promotion side of things that aren't purely about the gaming table. There will probably be some freebies, discounts, and other stuff involved at some point, too.

If you're interested in joining this group, please contact me at mythmere at yahoo dot com.

First actual event: I'm going to organize a meet-up at North Texas RPG Con for those interested in hoisting some beers and meeting face to face. More details on that as I get it better organized, with my exuberantly minimalist approach to what constitutes "organization."

NOTE - This is for OD&D as well as Swords & Wizardry. I will have a logo for for use by bloggers that mentions OD&D as well as S&W, because most S&W-related blogs actually cover both. [done]

In the meantime, if you're a blogger covering Swords & Wizardry, or a publisher of S&W materials, or if you want to run some public-type games, please join up!

Matt

11 comments:

  1. Thanks! Membership is coming in fast and furious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll repeat what I told you in my e-mail: what a wonderful idea!

    Fight on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff, great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really good!
    I don't know if I should join it - I live in the middle of nowhere, far, far away, so my participation will be marginal :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omlet,
    If you feel like it would be fun to get the occasional email about conventions, running convention games, blogging, writing, or anything along those lines, then by all means you should join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing the Art work I feel a Pin design coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late to party as usual, but email is on the way.

    ReplyDelete