Monday, October 2, 2017

OSR October Spring


I had an idea about how to "reboot" tension in the OSR G+ community, and then I scaled it back to just me and what I was going to do. Since I made some notes on the idea in general, here's what they are. Also, link to the video where I discuss it is below:

The idea was to do two things: a personal set of objectives for communication, and a set of objectives for content.

The communication objectives were (are):
1) Reward content with comments
2) Give only constructive criticism, and only if asked for.
3) Avoid jumping into any disputes.

The content objectives followed one rule: don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Post what you're working on already, not something designed specifically for posting, and don't worry about whether it's perfect.

The ideas I had for that were:
Pictures:
picture of gaming in progress
terrain picture
piece of art/sketch, good or not
a piece of art you like (Here I mean sharing a cool piece not your own)
a selfie of you and your favorite D&D thing. I have to dig out the plush bulette

Game Content: Not polished, but including as possibilities:
map
monster
trap
puzzle
spell
magic item
deity
adventure hook
DM tip
player tip

Community content:
Mention and link to some favorite posters (not a top-ten type list, though)
positive review on a favored piece of work, even if from the far past
collaborate on written content with a sketch-person.

Overall focus is on fun value, not production value.

Just my thoughts. :)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Game content is always appreciated. I certainly prefer it over promoting products, spats between personalities and deep theories about how RPGs "should" be played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you posting on the blog again! (I was starting to worry something might have happened to you---our OSR icon.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this.
    he content objectives followed one rule: don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
    dallas seo consultant


    How to Make Money Online from Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Subscribed to your 'Gamer Radio' channel - kudos for setting it up :)
    Apologies for being a stranger, but new job and the commitments it brings has left me with little free time of late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for your very good article.! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!

    หนังชีวประวัติ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came acrose Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receieve my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete
  8. True story, I'm one of the people who have benefited from Dr. Ogbeifun Love Spell. Dr. Ogbeifun appeared in the middle of my life when all hope was lost. I gave up on life and thought the best way to care for my broken heart. I have several experiences with my husband who have been working with me for many years. I made up my mind to continue with my suicide before a strange spirit. Afterwards, Dr. Ogbeifun Temple, I reluctantly looked for and found testimonials and recommendations for him via his email. He answered and asked me to go away and take my life; he said that my case is solvable after consulting his Oracle. Well, here I am today thanking Dr. Ogbeifun for saving my life and bringing back my Husband. We are so happy today and happier than we have ever been. He also helped me stop my cardiac arrest problem. I am grateful for being among the people sharing this testimony. Contact him at this email ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348102574680 website

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sensible information! Where else will if ind out more?? Who runs this joint too? sustain the excellent function
    DominoQQ
    Judi Bola
    Slot Online
    Ceme Online
    BCA368
    BCA368

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ll apt to be again to learn to read considerably more, many thanks for that information. PLease check link webstagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for your very good article.Thank for your very good article.! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!

    ReplyDelete