Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fairly good book

Off the general topic of the blog, but I'm reading an omnibus edition of three novels by Julie E. Czernada: Survival, Migration, and Regeneration. They are science fiction; fairly good for when you've run out of Bernard Cornwell and Neil Gaiman, and you like David Brin type books. I wouldn't recommend them as top-of-the-line, but  not a bad read so far. I'm about in the middle of the second book.

Between getting the air conditioning fixed and fuming through a long power outage today, I've got no fantasy/gaming ideas to post today, so a better-than-average book is all I've got to offer.

EDIT: I got tired of the series about half way through.

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I just finished rereading the Uplift War. I wasn't so enamored with it this time as I was when it first came out, but Brin is a wonderful "hard SF" author. I'll have to check out some of these others you mentioned. Thanks.

    In a completely different vein, have you ever read James Blaylock's "Balumnia" trilogy? Although the author tried to distance himself from them later in his career, I loved their whimsy. They dripped the kind of macabre foreboding and sense of magical wonder I enjoy so much in your published modules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read those. I'll see if I can get them on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another book that's all pentacles-and-Elder-Beings while remaining light hearted is Roger Zelazny's A Night in the Lonesome October. Its a quick read and probably easier to obtain.

    ReplyDelete