Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Retro cover option on S&W Core Rules

Several people have told me that they prefer the original title font that was used on the covers of the earlier printings of the Swords & Wizardry Core Rules. The reason for ditching the original font was because Blackletter fonts aren't good for off-the-shelf sales if the book goes into distribution. Since, if Swords & Wizardry goes into real distribution, it would be the Complete Rules, that issue doesn't exist any more.

So, for those who really, really want that original title font on the cover, I have put up a retro version of the book with the original title font. It's the same interior as the regular 4th printing -- the only difference is the title font. It is only in hardcover, and has the same price as the regular hardcover.

The lulu link is http://www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/core-rules-retro-cover-%284th-printing%29/15976988

8 comments:

  1. That is one of the advantages of Print On Demand that we could have not dared to imagine years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks Matt.
    I updated the "What I Play" section on my blog to display that new image.

    As side not Matt, if you have some time you should update the main S&W website. The latest headline is still: "Brave Halfling Publishing to Publish S&W Whitebox".

    Though if you had "not" to it, it quickly fixes the problem:
    "Brave Halfling Publishing to not Publish S&W Whitebox".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original logo is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit, Finch! I just received my hardcover copy of Core from Lulu, but I would have loved the older school logo. Oh well. POD = double-edged sword.
    The book looks fantastic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this becoming just a little bit silly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melan: Yes, a bit silly, but then, I don't operate like a for-profit publisher, really. If people want something and it's not much effort, I'll tend to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's "print on demand" how can there be a "4th printing?" Have you only sold 3 copies so far?

    ReplyDelete